Monday, May 24, 2010

Log In, Old-Style (parte le seconde)

The field test of my pavilion poles at War Practice was an unqualified success!

The top beam slid out of its moorings on the first attempt to raise it (they were purposely left loose, since the beam has to rotate 90-degrees from ground to erect position). Second try, with 3 people helping, it went up like a charm. I think only 2 people would be needed.

More after the break...


One of the top beam lashings was too tight, shifting it over about 6" as we lifted, and under tension I had to cut it. However, since those lashings really only serve to hold it in place during the lifting, NBD.

Oh, and the smallest saplings I used were plenty strong. I'm replacing the heavy, 4"-diameter poles.

I'll never go back to modern lumber poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment